Building Coordinator Responsibilities
A BRAVO building cordinator is responsible for the overall organization and operation of the BRAVO program at a school.
Email Rita Docter for more information.
BRAVO Volunteer Responsibilities
Qualifications of a BRAVO volunteer
- A high interest in music.
- An ability to communicate enthusiastically with children.
- An ability to communicate and work with teachers.
- A music background is helpful, but not necessary
Responsibilities of a BRAVO Classroom Volunteer
- Understand the goals of BRAVO.
- Attend all scheduled training sessions and orientations.
- Present six (30 minutes each) scheduled classroom presentations throughout the school year.
- To schedule BRAVO presentations, speak to your classroom teacher.
- Once you have agreed upon a date with your classroom teacher, be sure to put this date and time on your school’s BRAVO calendar.
- Check with your teacher about the date for your next month’s lesson immediately after you are done teaching the current month’s lesson.
- Call or email the teacher several days in advance if you know you cannot meet at your assigned time. If you must be absent the day of your presentation, call the school or your teacher by 8:00 a.m.
- Prepare presentations in advance. Preparation is typically 1 to 3 hours for each lesson.
- Report any problems to your BRAVO building coordinator.